There is no doubt that technology can drive advances in business when it’s used in the right places at the right times. Artificial intelligence (AI) is getting much use these days and has even pushed into customer service interactions. High-functioning contact centers use a variety of modern technology, but the best ones know a quality customer experience comes through direct contact with their representatives.
Companies are always looking for ways to elevate the customer experience while paying mind to their budgets. It’s for this reason that AI has become so popular – it can be used for a small price to offer decision-making support for customers. Oracle has reported that eight in ten businesses use AI as a customer service solution, but its success only occurs when it’s used in the right place and time and not at the expense of the human touch.
Continued AI Growth: Good or Bad?
AI has been used to fuel proactive customer self-service and it has offered a convenient way to resolve inquiries. It’s also being used to determine the intent of a call to equip live agents for service. Voice recognition as an authentication tool is also getting more play, but how far can AI go? When AI is used to the point that it compromises the customer experience, it has gone too far. In fact, Forbes has reported that a mere 33% of customers said they used AI tools and had an easier time resolving their issue. That leaves 67% of them unresolved or resolved, but with some difficulty/inconvenience.
Bad customer experiences are costly. According to Zendesk, 50% of customers said they will jump to another brand after one bad experience. More than one bad interaction takes the number to 80%. With the huge increase in the utilization of AI, bad experiences could be the new norm. Also, the vast majority of consumers about say they’d rather talk to a human customer service representative than interact with an automated agent.
Belize is a tropical country, but it’s known for another type of warmth – its people. That’s the main ingredient in this country’s nearshore contact center industry, which is the third-largest career opportunity there. The population provides a quality workforce that gives out amazing customer service.
At Protel BPO, we know the power of the human touch in the customer experience. While we utilize modern technology, we know nothing replaces the human element and its ability to provide meaningful connections and insights into a customer’s needs. Our clients want to invest in a strategy that optimizes the customer experience, and we know the best way to do that is through live agents who are trained to seamlessly represent the brands they work for. Contact us and let’s discuss our approach to providing exemplary customer service. For more information about how technology and live agents factor into quality interactions, download our free white paper today.