Customers can get upset when they aren’t happy about the way they have been treated by companies they spend their hard-earned money with. The behavior, which has been defined as “customer rage,” is the topic of a national study that reveals the rage triggers that can be avoided by providing good customer service.
It was estimated in 2020 that businesses were losing out on $494 billion of sales because of poor customer service. That number, according to the National Customer Rage Survey of 1,000 Americans, has jumped to $887 billion per year.
Some of the top revelations from the survey include the following:
- Digital channels have provided a platform for complaining, and this includes social media platforms where bad reviews spread quickly.
- Almost 63% of customers who have a problem with service have feelings of rage.
- 74% of customers said they have had a service problem in the past year.
- Customers are more aggressive now about solving their problems and 43% said they will raise their voice during disputes with companies.
- 31% said they experience a sense of emotional distress because of a bad customer experience.
These statistics make it easy to see why bad customer service leads to such drastic outcomes, which can include not only dropping a brand completely but reaching out to others to let them know about their bad experience and impress upon them how unworthy a brand is of their business.
Doing Better by Customers
There is too much on the line not to have stellar customer service. If your customer service representatives don’t know your target audiences’ needs or have not been educated in a way that allows them to answer every possible customer inquiry, you may end up on the losing end of customer rage.
Outsourcing to a qualified professional can ensure you are focused on providing fast, friendly, accurate and thoughtful services to your customers. At Protel BPO, we know that providing quality customer service does more than keep customers from flying into a fit of rage. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff have interactions that strengthen relationships between customers and their preferred brands. This creates long-term relationships that help our clients expand their sales. Contact us for information about how we can help you hit all of your customer service goals.